Pages

2.14.2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

I love the yarn-wrapped letters I've seen recently. Luckily I had some leftover yarn from scarves I've knitted the last couple years, so I decided to give it a shot. I really didn't have a clue what I was doing, but I figured I had nothing to lose.


I cut the letters X and O freehand from cardboard boxes I had leftover from the move. I definitely could have done better on the X because I tried to be all fancy with it, which made it harder to wrap.

I started by hot gluing one end of the yarn to the back of each letter and then just took my time wrapping the yarn in a way that I thought looked best. Like I said, I had no clue what I was doing so I made it up as I went along.

The O was pretty simple, aside from having to feed the yarn through the center a billion times.

The X was a bit more challenging and that required a lot more hot glue, but you can't see it cuz it's all in the back.

For now the letters are sitting on a shelf above our TV. I didn't take a full pic of the shelf because it doesn't look so hot as is, but wanted to get the pics of the letters up for V-Day.


I think the yarn wrapped letters are really pretty, but I definitely need some practice. You could do initials or spell out a short word, etc. I thought this would look really pretty with some sort of embellishment on the O. Either a knitted flower or something sparkly in the top right. I'll figure it out soon, if not, maybe in time for next Valentine's Day?! Although I think these could stick around through the season, don't you?

What Valentine projects have you done this year? Have you attempted yarn wrapped letters? Did yours come out better than mine? :-)

Happy Valentine's Day!

xoxo
~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment